Ghostwriting: Writing content for someone else who’s named as the author.
Someone who engages in ghostwriting is known as a ghostwriter. They may write anything from articles or blog posts to books, speeches, and reports. Some choose to write well-researched content while others focus on SEO content instead. It’s important to understand that many ghostwriters do choose to specialize in what they write about.
An Argument For Ghostwriting
While someone may try to tell you that ghostwriting is “cheating,” it is not. In fact, the publishing industry generally accepts and authorizes it. This is demonstrated as you look back through history and see that some of the best books and articles were ghostwritten. Research into this idea has discovered that more than 40% of all books were actually ghostwritten. Add to this the fact that ghostwriters use the author’s ideas in creating their writing and you have further proof that this isn’t cheating.
On behalf of ghostwriters themselves, it’s important to understand that a ghostwriter can make good money as well. So, you should never feel as though you’re “cheating” them. While a ghostwriter may come across some clients who pay poorly, they’ll also come across others who pay quite well. It simply depends on who they’re working for and what type of project they’re working on. The bottom line though is that ghostwriters are paid a fair wage for the work that they do, so you aren’t cheating them either.
Understanding Ghostwriting’s Popularity
There are a few reasons why ghostwriting is more popular today than in the past. These reasons include:
- People don’t have time to do their own writing today.
- It saves you both time and money.
- There are many talented ghostwriters who enjoy this work and have decided to make a living off of it in today’s gig economy.
These are the reasons why writers have adopted the ghostwriting lifestyle today.
Hiring a Ghostwriter Today
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who claim that they can write, but really – most can’t. In reality, truly talented ghostwriters are few and far between. These are people who have specific characteristics, including:
- Exceptional writing skills, meaning that they’re able to write content that readers find interesting. This content shouldn’t only be 100% unique, but it should also contain no grammar or spelling errors.
- Ghostwriters need to be very trustworthy. The content they’re working on needs to remain confidential at all times.
- A high level of creativity is necessary. This helps with creating 100% unique content.
There are also things that ghostwriters must do “behind the scenes.” After all, this is a business and for it to be successful a ghostwriter needs to treat it as such. To learn more about this or to hire ghostwriting services, visit our service page. There you’ll find more information and a way of contacting us if you have any other questions.